Sunday, July 20, 2014

Random Garden Stuff

Now this is a rain gauge. I saw this at Cedarburg's flea market last weekend and thought it would be a great addition to my garden. The vendor didn't have a price on it so I asked her about it. She said she was thinking $18. I said thanks and left because I really didn't think I could get her anywhere under $10, which I thought would be fair. The great thing is that I had the flea market pro haggler with me - my wife Lisa. So after a bit, I sent her over there to cut the deal as I hid a couple rows away.  Sure enough, Lisa got it for $8.  The funny thing is that when Lisa asked her what she wanted for the rain gauge the vendor tells her $10 and Lisa talks her down to $8. Really? $18 to $8 in a matter of a half hour. Anyway, check out the detail on this rain gauge. The information about the co-op is really neat and it is made out of metal. What is up with that phone number?


This picture is proof you can have a garden just about anywhere you want. I saw this when I was kayaking this weekend.  This person had potatoes, tomatoes and peppers in his pots. Seems like a good way to keep deer out of your garden.


No comments:

Post a Comment