Monday, May 26, 2014

Garden Pictures

Here are some pictures about what I have written about in the past few weeks along with some new pictures of the flower and vegetable gardens on Fairy Chasm Road.

As I previously wrote in the beginning of May, I have two old variety rhubarb plants that want to flower and go to seed really fast. I decided to let them grow their flowers so you could see what they look like. They are actually very pretty and have great texture.  Kind of a cool addition to the vegetable garden.  Maybe I will let one keep going to see what happens.

Notice the rhubarb variety to the left isn't flowering

One more view
My potatoes that I planted in my Smart Pots have sprouted.  They are pushing up about an inch or just cracking the soil.  Either way, they seem happy and off to a good start.






It is Memorial Day so I'm feeling pretty good about planting my tomatoes.  I will write more about these soon since I am trying some heirloom varieties but thought I would give you a quick shot. They look so small now.  Hopefully, some rain, sun and heat will make them grow much taller then the peonies behind them.


I really haven't written much about my flower gardens yet.  They have really taken a bit to get going this year but right now they are really lush and green.  I love how organized and neatly separated the perennials are at this time of year.  As the summer moves along they all seem to start encroaching on each other.  Here are some pictures as of Memorial Day.













No comments:

Post a Comment