Monday, June 16, 2014

Garden Accessories

The flower and vegetable gardens continue to grow well but we really need some warmer weather. The average high this time of year should be about 75 degrees.  Today, June 15th, the temperature by the lake barely got above 60 degrees.  I know my pepper plants are very confused.  I added some fertilizer to my plants to give them some additional energy and strength.  I used a 7-7-2 fertilizer from Territorial Seed Company called Bio-Fish All Purpose Natural Fertilizer.

Father's Day happens at such a great time of the year for a Dad like me that loves to garden. Today was awesome because I got to work in the garden with my children.  My daughter helped me plant some additional flowers in the perennial garden and my son found a Chestnut Tree growing in the perennial garden so he re-potted it for transplanting at a later time.  Good stuff.

For Father's Day I got two presents that I think you will really like.  The first one is a new clipper from Cutco.  Very heavy duty with a really sharp blade.  Along with the great functionality, the clipper comes with a lifetime warranty.



The second present were these really cool plant markers.  They are paint stir sticks with Scrabble letters on them to spell out the names of the vegetables in my garden.  The sticks were painted with really fun colors.  They really add a nice touch to the garden.  I'm so lucky to have a creative wife and daughter.  Can you tell which letters in Scrabble aren't used a lot?







No comments:

Post a Comment