Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Second Cutting of Lettuce and Spinach

It seems impossible to think that I could have harvested my second cutting of lettuce and spinach on April 20th given the winter we just endured on Fairy Chasm Road but I did.  In hindsight, I should have known it was a sign of things to come when after I planted some lettuce and spinach seeds in early October the plants got no bigger than an inch. My Juwel Company cold frame and thick layers of snow did an amazing job keeping the lettuce and spinach insulated and safe.  So, late next Fall plant some winter lettuce and spinach seeds from Territorial Seed Company in your cold frame and keep it watered until the ground freezes.  In the Spring you will hopefully have lettuce and spinach like this.  It tastes so good and your family and friends will love you if you share.

No comments:

Post a Comment